Friday | March 7, 2014 | 6-8:30pm
UNR : Joe Crowley Student Union Theatre
Sponsored by Nevada Sage Waldorf School and University of Nevada, Reno
Race to Nowhere is an award-winning documentary that highlights the unintended consequences of our pressure-cooker culture and education system. An eye-opening call to action, the film challenges current assumptions about how to best prepare young people for the future.
The 85 minute film will be followed by a discussion about education led by a panel of educators and moderated by KRNV News 4 anchor Shelby Sheehan.
- Ilian Willwerth : Waldorf Educator, German & Music Teacher
- Keli Brown : Assistant Academic Director, Sierra Nevada College; NSWS Board Member
- Dr. Melissa Burnham : UNR Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies
- Dr. Margaret Ferrara : UNR Coordinator of Secondary Education Teacher Licensure Program and Graduate Studies
- Cheryl Erwin : Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist