Nevada Sage Waldorf School is seeking an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic teacher to work with the young children of our school, bringing warmth, consistency, and rhythm to the early childhood program. Our ideal candidates are trained in Waldorf education. Candidates with teaching experience and a strong interest in Waldorf education, and a willingness to become a certified Waldorf teacher will be considered. Children in our Kindergarten class are ages 4.5 to 6 years old. This is a full-time position.
At our school, you will find an inspiring educational culture with engaged and happy students, and a dedicated faculty. Our faculty is seeking a like-minded colleague who is committed to collegial collaboration, self-development, and excellence in teaching. Our parents are enthusiastic and involved, and our board is supportive and visionary.
The Nevada Sage Waldorf School is 20 years old and offers a nursery class, preschool class, two kindergarten classes, and grades 1 through 8. As an Associate Member of AWSNA, our school continues to grow under the guidance of the wider Waldorf movement.
Nevada Sage Waldorf School is located in the sunny Reno-Tahoe area at the foot of the magnificent Sierra Nevada mountain range and within the beautiful high desert. There are countless opportunities to connect with nature year-round; skiing, hiking, swimming and mountain biking at nearby mountains, lakes and rivers. Reno also offers a thriving arts and cultural community. Lake Tahoe is only a 45-minute drive, and Rudolf Steiner College is two hours away. Combined with the unique opportunity for beauty, recreation, and growth that the Reno-Tahoe area offers, this is a foundational time to join our growing school.
- The work of an Early Childhood Teacher requires the following minimum qualifications:
- AA or BA degree or equivalent diploma
- Early childhood teaching experience
- Waldorf Early Childhood Teacher Training certificate, current enrollment in an appropriate program, or a willingness to enroll in such a program.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and Child Abuse Reference Check (CAIC) background clearance. Must register with the Nevada Registry and keep current with Nevada licensing requirements for Childcare Centers. Must return a negative TB test.
This is a salaried position and offers benefits such as tuition remission, mentoring, and financial support for professional development.
To apply for this position, please email a letter of interest, brief biography, curriculum vitae and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Kindergarten Teacher” in the subject of the email. You are also welcome to call Kelli Anastassatos, Administrator, at (775) 348-6622 with any questions.
To learn more about our school, visit our website at www.nevadasagewaldorf.org.